The new month didn’t start in a great way, at least for those users who didn’t manage to uninstall TuneUp from their computers. [Please if you own TUNEUP UTILITIES read on because some of these procedure will work with your software as well! ] In fact, for some reason Tuneup won’t uninstall. It will just refuses to follow the regular procedure thus preventing the user from getting rid of it. TuneUp is a software (free for a trial period only), a plugin to be exact which is compatible with iTunes and Windows Media Player which does a lot of things. It identifies your music files (find title and singer’s name of your songs), look for covers etc. (see TuneUp tour page here). TuneUp Utilities instead is a software that cleans your computer, fixes issues, optimizes Windows and keeps it running smoothly (see TuneUp Utilities feature here). These applications works pretty well, except when it comes to uninstalling it! In fact when users try the regular procedure they will get a whole bunch of error messages. Because of this and other issues users will get frustrated and will look on the Internet for a proper Tuneup removal tool which most of the time won’t work as well. So, let see how to delete and remove latest Tuneup and TuneUp Utilities and further version in a few steps!
If you can’t uninstall TuneUp you have to know that is not your fault nor your computer’s. In fact, the whole software is affected by an “old” bug which causes issues during the uninstallation procedure. Here are a couple of solutions to manually uninstall it which could help you solve the problem:
Method 1 for MAC users with TuneUp installations older than 1.5 (TuneUp only)
- The uninstaller on your Mac is located under: Home Folder – Library – Logs – TuneUp Uninstaller. Click the icon to launch it.
- Answer Yes to popup windows.
Method 2 for MAC users with TuneUp installations 1.5 and newer (TuneUp only)
- The uninstaller on your Mac is located under: Home Folder – Library – Application Support – TuneUp_Uninstaller. Click the icon to launch it.
- If you cannot find the patch or the patch doesn’t exist, try this other one: /Users/ Your_User_name/Library/ Application Support/ Tuneup_Support. Click the icon to launch it.
- Answer Yes to popup windows.
Method 3 for Windows users. Remove it via DOS (TuneUp and TuneUp Utilities)
- Click Start.
- In the Search field (Windows 7) or Run…(Windows Vista) type cmd and press Enter.
- On the black DOS window, type: cd C:\Program Files\utilities\TuneUp. The whole trick here is to know the exact folder where the software is installed. So, if you do not know it, you should click Start – Computer and browse among your Computer folders looking for such it.
- Type unwise install.log and press Enter. This should start an automatic uninstallation procedure.
Method 4 for Windows users. Delete key by key and file by file (TuneUp and TuneUp Utilities)
- Click Start.
- In the Search field or Run.. type regedit and press Enter.
- Locate this Windows registry folder on the left pane: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\ Uninstall
- On the right pane, locate the registry key which contains “TuneUp”.
- look for the key UninstallString. Such a key points to the uninstallator. The log file is located on the same folder where the software resides.
- Delete the key containing “TuneUp”.
- Now, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software. On such registry folders you should look for any subfolders containing the word “TuneUp” or the name of the company that produce the software (in our case the software compnay is called TuneUpMedia). Delete such registry subfolders containing TuneUp and TuneUpMedia
- Exit Windows Registry.
- Now go to Computer (Windows Explorer) and go to the folder where the software is installed.
- Look for uninstall.log or setup.log or a file with .log extension.
- Right-click it and open it with your Notepad.
- Such a file contains a list of all files which have been automatically installed during the first installation. Delete them manually to uninstall TuneUp.
Method 5 for Windows users. Uninstall Old TuneUp version by installing newest Versions (TuneUp and TuneUp Utilities)
- If you are running an old TuneUp version (such as TuneUp 2009) you have to know that suxh a version is buggy! So in order to fix it, you will have to update it with the new one. Go to Tuneup website and install the newest free version.
- Try to uninstall the software again via Windows Install/Uninstall tool.
- How to Uninstall Tune Up My Mac
- tuneup utilities 2013 wont uninstall
- uninstall tuneup utilities
- tuneup utilities wont uninstall
- How to Play Pac-Man and Breakout Games on Google
- How to Install Windows 10 Without a Microsoft Account and Password
- How to Stop Automatic Drivers Update and Installation in Windows 10
- How to Remove Google Custom Search Virus/Malware
7 Comments to “How to Uninstall TuneUp and TuneUp Utilities from your Computer”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.