Nowadays it is quite easy to be hacked by ill-intentioned people. That’s why you should always set Facebook Secure HTTPS login which is a special secure, encrypted login page which uses (SSL) Secure Sockets Layer technology to protect Facebook users from being hijacked! As stated on the official Facebook blog, security is an important issue to Facebook and this is why they have decided to embed this special, encrypted page. The HTTPS page is not turned on and enabled by default. In fact, as explained on the Facebook blog, such secure login takes longer to load and secondly “some Facebook features, including many third-party applications, are not currently supported in HTTPS”. This article will show you how to enable such a page by going to your Facebook Security settings.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- On the upper-right side of your profile, click the Account link.
- From the drop down menu, select Account Settings.
- Under Account Security, click the Change link.
- You should be now able to see the Account Security Section.
- Tick the Browse Facebook on a secure connection (https) whenever possible checkbox.
- Click Save.
- Next time you will login to your Facebook profile you should get the secure SSL webpage. To check if you have got such security page, simply have a look the your browser Web address field. If the Facebook webpage contains HTTPS your connection will be secure!
Tags: Facebook, security, trick
- facebook secure login
- Facebook HTTPS Secure
- facebook secure login https
- secure login facebook
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
17 Comments to “How to Enable and Set Facebook Secure HTTPS Login”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.