A very irritating feature in Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) beta is a little prompt bar (pop-up) asking you to disable addons. Well, somebody should stop it for good as it is very irritating! Basically, this is just a nagging reminder which contains the following message: “Speed up startup and browsing by disabling add-ons”. The irritating thing is that it keeps appearing whenever you start the browser so that in the end you are force to follow its “advice”. In fact you have 3 options. You can click “Ask me later”, or the “x” every time you open a new tab or window, or disable addon. Now, the issue is that there is not setting in Internet Explorer 9 to tweak as the popup is triggered by the performance monitoring built directly into Windows 7 operating system when it notices an incompatible addon. Let’s see how to stop the reminder thanks to a simple trick!
- When the “Speed up startup and browsing…” message appears , click Disable addons.
- Now, increase the time in the “Tell me when the total add-on time is…” in order to stop the thing asking and bothering you.
- Keep in mind that the more you increase the time the more you won’t see the message!
- stop addon request prompts in internet explorer
- stop ie from asking to disable add ons windows 8 no gpedit msc
- How to Use Text-to-Speech Converter Feature in Windows 10,8,7
- How to Lock and Password Protect a Folder in Windows 10, 8, 7
- Google Animal Sounds Hidden Feature!
- How to Lock and Protect Google Chrome with a User Password
7 Comments to “How to Stop Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) from Asking You to Disable Add-ons”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.