This simple guide will make things easier for those Hotmail users who want to create multiple or single email alias or aliases (also know as ID). Today, Microsoft has announced a new exciting feature within its Hotmail email web service called Alias. But, what is it? An Alias is a nickname (temporary email address). Now, when it comes to sending email, a lot of users prefer to use different email addresses. You might want to use an email address for your work, another one for your friends etc. Now, with Microsoft Hotmail you are able to send and reply emails using different aliases with your original and default Hotmail email address. Microsoft gives you the opportunity to have up to 5 addresses per year (max 15 aliases per account). An Hotmail alias is nothing else than a disposable email address you can use for your own goals. Let’s see how to create multiple addresses for different things!
- Login to your Hotmail email account by using this ad-hoc Hotmail web address to create alias.
- In the Email address field, type the alias you want. Basically, this is gonna be your new disposable email address.
- Now, in the drop down menu, select Hotmail or Live as your new email address “extension” or domain.
- Click the Create an Alias button.
- A pop-up will appear on your screen. It will warn you that Hotmail is about to create a new alias. It will also ask to create a special folder to store all emails sent to the alias. Alternatively, you can also choose to get all these emails to your inbox belonging to the default Hotmail email address.
- Click Done.
- You are ready to sent and receive email with your new disposable Hotmail address!
Please keep in mind that if you want to login to your Hotmail account, you will have to use your original address
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Search for Content in any File in Windows 10
- How to Block and Restrict Other Users Access to Windows 10 Registry Editor
- Easy Trick to Find Out the WiFi Password of a Internet Connection (No Hacking Required)
- How to Save, Backup and Restore All Drivers in Windows 10
2 Comments to “Easy Guide to Create Multiple Hotmail Email Alias (ID)”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.