In this guide I will show you how to uninstall and manually remove Windows Problems Solution from your computer. Windows Problems Solution is another fake Windows system utility and anti spyware which promises you to solve all of your Windows operating system issues. Instead, it is nothing else than a fake utility, a virus which will infect your computer with the only goal to convince you that your computer has got a spyware or virus or that it is not well-optimized. Once you get infected, the virus perform a fake scan. After that, it will prompt you to download and install a software to help you clean your PC, the software I am talking about is Windows Problems Solution demo. After the software will be installed it will reboot your system. Once your computer reboots, Windows Problems Solution will hold your desktop on ransom by using a window stating that you need to perform another scan. At this point you won’t have any other option but doing what the virus asks you. Of course, all this will only serve to push you into buying the full license of the software. Windows Problems Solution will nag you constantly with scan requests and security warnings telling you that your computer is at risk and that you need to buy a full license of the software. Here is a simple step-by-step manual removal guide to get rid of such a virus.
- As stated in other virus removal guide, the first step to get rid of the virus is to start your computer in Safe mode.
- Restart your computer. As soon as your computer reboots, keep pressing F8 repeatedly.
- This will let you gain access to the Safe Mode section.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking on the screen and press Enter.
- The computer will automatically reboot.
- If the virus keep nagging you to perform a scan, do it otherwhise you won’t have access to your computer desktop. After the scan is over, click the X icon on the fake scan window.
- Now, click Start.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click System and Security.
- Click Action Center.
- Click the Recovery button located on the bottom right side of the window.
- Click Open System Restore button.
- A dialog box will appear on your screen.
- Click the Next button.
- Select a restore point which was created before your computer got infected.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish to confirm.
- Keep in mind that this will delete Windows Problems Solution from your machine, as well as other legitimate applications you installed AFTER you got the virus.
- Now, perform a full scan with your favorite antivirus and with free Spybot Search and Destroy. If you can not download it, read the tutorial below as the virus has altered your Internet connection.
Now, let’s get rid of all the “leftovers” the virus left on your machine. Try to open your Firefox or Internet Explorer browsers. If you can not connect to the Internet or your searches are redirected to ad-hoc pages where you are pushed to buy the full Windows Problems Solutions license, follow these steps:
- For Internet Explorer users: Go to Tools and click – Internet Options. In the General Tab make sure that the Home Page field doesn’t contain a scam website address. If so, change it to www.google.com. Now, click the Internet Connections tab – LAN settings button. Untick the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” checkbox in the the Proxy Server section and press OK to confirm.
For Mozilla Firefox users: Click Tools – Click Options – In the General Tab make sure that the Home Page field doesn’t contain a scam website address. If so, change it to www.google.com – Click Advanced – Click Network – Click Settings – Check No Proxy – Click OK to confirm.
- Now Click Windows Explorer folder and go to C: programs. Delete all Windows Problems Solutions folders and associated files.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
- How to Fix “Age Fault in Nonpaged Area” BSOD Error in Windows 10
- How to Turn Off and Remove Pop Up Ads in File Explorer in Windows 10
- How to Fix Error 0xc000007b in Windows 10, Windows 8 and 7
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.