If you are concerned about your privacy while surfing the Internet with your Internet Explorer 9 then you should definitely turn on the Tracking Protection feature on your Microsoft browser (IE9). Latest browser versions have started implementing privacy features (like the Do not Track option in Firefox 4, for example), that prevent blogs and websites from tracking, thanks to third-party applications, readers habits in order to serve better-targeted ads. In Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) there is a very useful option, that is turned off by default, which blocks or allows (opt-out) tracking mechanisms available on almost all websites. I am talking about tracking cookies and super cookies, for example. In this way you will literally be able to tell websites that you do not want to be tracked and wish to have your privacy respected! Let’s see how to turn on such a feature.
- Open Internet Explorer 9.
- Click the Settings button.
- Click Safety.
- Click Tracking Protection.
- A new window will pop-up.
- Click the Enable button on this new window.
- Click the Settings button to add or remove websites. It has to be said that in order to perform this last operations you must have previously surfed websites that embed the tracking codes (script) or cookies.
- As a further help, Microsoft offers a webpage containing a series of tracking lists which can be added to the tracking tool in Internet Explorer 9. Just click the TPL link on the right of such list to automatically open the IE9 tracking tool.
Tags: Internet Explorer
- turn on tracking protection
- Turn off Tracking Protection
- how do i install tracking potection
- how does turn on tracking protection work on laptop
- how to deactivate your computer tracking proctection
- how to surf web but disallow tracking
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
4 Comments to “Turn On Tracking Protection on Internet Explorer 9 (IE9)”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.