In this guide I will show you how to manually remove the fake Windows User Satellite from your computer without using any third-party software. Windows User Satelllite is a new virus/spyware threat whose only goal is to convince you that your computer is infected by a virus and that your sensitive, private data is at risk. To solve such issue you are literally pushed by the fake Windows utility to buy the full license of the software as Windows User Satellite is only a demo version. The procedure adopted by this new “scareware” is similar to other threats. Once you get infected, the virus will start a fake scan of your computer (Windows 7 and earlier Windows OS). At the end of such a scan , the application will show you fake warnings stating that you have got an infection and that your system is at risk. To solve this issue, you’ll have to download the software. In fact, the fake warnings and the fake scanning is only the first stage of the whole process which should end when you buy the full software by using your credit card. Of course, you don’t have to buy it and you don’t have to use your credit card at all! Once you have downloaded the so called demo, Windows User Satellite will restart your system. After your computer reboots, the virus will hold your computer on ransom by displaying a fake warning stating that you have to scan your computer (yes, again!). You have got no other choices but scanning your machine otherwise you won’t be able to gain access to your computer. Of course, at the end of it you will be pushed to buy the full license of Windows User Satellite. Again, do not do it! What follows is the easy manual remove procedure to uninstall and remove the software without using any third party application.
- Reboot your computer in Safe Mode. To achieve this click Start and click the Reboot option.
- As soon as your PC reboots keep pressing F8 and from the Safe Menu section, select Safe Mode with networking.
- Now let’s go “back in time” to a working snapshot of your Windows OS. To achieve this follow these instructions: Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Action Center > Click the Recovery button located on the bottom right side of the window > Open System Restore button > Follow the instruction > choose a restore point which is previous to the virus infection.
- The system will reboot. Keep in mind that you will lose all those software you installed after you got the infection.
- Scan your computer with your favorite antivirus and antispyware. (you could use free Spybot Search and Destroy).
- You should have managed to successfully uninstall the virus.
Please if this procedure didn’t work for you or you would like to add something, please let me know. Thanks.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Recover and Get Back Deleted Files, Folders, Emails etc from your Hard Disk Trash Bin
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
- How to Solve KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys Error in Windows 10
6 Comments to “Simple Guide to Remove Windows User Satellite”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.