In this easy guide I will show you how to uninstall and manually remove fake Windows Express Help spyware. As usual such a virus masks itself as antispyware/Windows optimizer tool with the only goal to trick you into buying the full license of the software as it is only a demo. The way you got the virus is pretty similar to what I have described in other tutorials. You were surfing a website or a blog when a window appeared on your screen. Such a window contained a fake snapshot of an antispyware that automatically started a fake scan of your system. At the end of it a warning and rather alarming message stated that you had an infection on your Windows 7/XP/Vista system as well as different security holes and that in order to fix them you needed to download Windows Express Help software. Once installed the software restarted your machine. When the computer restarted an automatic scan of your computer started without your approval. Actually the virus kept your computer desktop on ransom as you could not access to it without performing such a scan. At the end of the scan, a warning message stated that you got different infections and that you needed to buy the full license to use the software and fix the issues. Do not buy anything with your credit card. The whole thing here is a scam, a scareware process which should finish when you buy the software with your credit card! Let’s see how to manually remove it thanks to a simple manual removal tutorial that doesn’t involve any third party software!
- Restart your computer in Safe Mode.
- As soon as your computer restarts, keep pressing F8 on your keyboard. This will let you gain access to the Safe Mode screen.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Now, let’s use Windows System Restore to “go back in time” and restore your computer to a previous state.
- If you have Windows XP, follow this guide to access Windows System Restore: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084
- If you have Windows Vista, follow this guide to access Windows System Restore: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/What-is-System-Restore
- If you have Windows 7, follow this guide to access Windows System Restore: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-is-System-Restore
- For all Windows Operating systems: pick a date that was previous to your Computer virus infection.
- Keep in mind that by restoring your Windows OS to a previous state you will delete all those applications you installed after you got the virus. The more you go back in time the more you will loose other applications installed on that time frame.
- You should have managed to successfully remove Windows Express Help from your computer.
- Scan your computer with your favorite antivirus and antispyware. (you could use free Spybot Search and Destroy and Free AVG antivirus).
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Search for Content in any File in Windows 10
- How to Block and Restrict Other Users Access to Windows 10 Registry Editor
- Easy Trick to Find Out the WiFi Password of a Internet Connection (No Hacking Required)
- How to Save, Backup and Restore All Drivers in Windows 10
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.