After recovering your Windows 7 from a virus attack, you might find out that your computer is unable to show some of your files and folders. In fact, they have been hidden by the virus itself! Mind you, they were not deleted but only hidden from view. Before panicking and thinking that all your files and documents were erased,wiped out and lost forever from your computer desktop or laptop, read this guide as it could restore and show back your precious stuff thanks to a simple trick!
In order to get your files and folder back after a computer virus infection follow these easy steps (Windows 7 andVista):
- Click Start on your desktop.
- On the black Search field, type: cmd and do not press Enter yet.
- Right click the CMD icon and click Run as Administrator.
- Now, go to the driver which was infected by the virus (C: for example) and enter the following commands: attrib –s –h *.* /S /C
- Click Enter to retrieve allyour files!
Tags: hack, Windows 7
- how to see hidden files made by recycler
- how to retrieve file hidden by virus
- access denied in resetting the hidden read only and system files
- lost all my bookmarks due to hidden files
- my files goes hidden after affected by recycle virus
- recovering recycler hidden files
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
10 Comments to “How to Retrieve and Show Files Hidden by Virus Thanks to a Simple Trick”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.