After recovering your Windows 7 from a virus attack, you might find out that your computer is unable to show some of your files and folders. In fact, they have been hidden by the virus itself! Mind you, they were not deleted but only hidden from view. Before panicking and thinking that all your files and documents were erased,wiped out and lost forever from your computer desktop or laptop, read this guide as it could restore and show back your precious stuff thanks to a simple trick!
In order to get your files and folder back after a computer virus infection follow these easy steps (Windows 7 andVista):
- Click Start on your desktop.
- On the black Search field, type: cmd and do not press Enter yet.
- Right click the CMD icon and click Run as Administrator.
- Now, go to the driver which was infected by the virus (C: for example) and enter the following commands: attrib –s –h *.* /S /C
- Click Enter to retrieve allyour files!
- how to retrieve files hidden by virus
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
- How to Fix “Age Fault in Nonpaged Area” BSOD Error in Windows 10
- How to Turn Off and Remove Pop Up Ads in File Explorer in Windows 10
- How to Fix Error 0xc000007b in Windows 10, Windows 8 and 7
10 Comments to “How to Retrieve and Show Files Hidden by Virus Thanks to a Simple Trick”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.