Microsoft has recently integrated and turned on an interesting feature on Hotmail and Windows Live Messanger. Basically, if you have a Facebook profile and wish to use its chat on your Hotmail web-based email account, you will be able to do it thanks a new set of options which will let you enable and turn on Facebook chat directly inside your Hotmail account. Additionally, users will also be able to see Windows Live Messenger and Facebook friends all grouped together under the same Hotmail account. If you use Windows Live Messenger instead, you will be able to see all of your friends (Hotmail and Facebook contacts) directly in your chat client application. This brief guide will show you how to turn on Facebook Chat to Windows Live Messenger and Hotmail.
- Login to your Hotmail account.
- On the top left side of your Hotmail account, click the Messenger link and from the drop-down menu, click the Profile option.
- In the left pane, click Connect that is located under the Connect to section.
- Click the Facebook button.
- Under the Share on Windows Live section, tick the “Chat with my Facebook friends in Messanger” checkbox.
- Click Connect.
- At this point, Hotmail will connect to your Facebook account. To do it you will have to login to your Facebook account by using your Facebook username and password.
- Click the Allow button to turn on Facebook chat on your Hotmail account.
- At this point you have successfully linked your Facebook friends to your Windows Live Messenger as a new Facebook group will appear on your chat client. At the same time, you will also be able to chat with your Facebook friends, directly from your Hotmail inbox by clicking on their names. This will make a small chat window pop-up on your screen.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
- How to Fix “Age Fault in Nonpaged Area” BSOD Error in Windows 10
- How to Turn Off and Remove Pop Up Ads in File Explorer in Windows 10
- How to Fix Error 0xc000007b in Windows 10, Windows 8 and 7
2 Comments to “How to Turn On Facebook Chat on Hotmail and Windows Live Messanger”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.