Windows 7 official SP1 was released a few days ago. However, for a lot of users it is not available yet through Windows 7 interface, Basically, Windows 7 SP1 won’t show or download via the well-known Windows Update interface. Apart from obvious reason s such as user didn’t check for updates etc. there are some less obvious factors that are important as well, but quite unknown, which might have prevented your Windows 7 from showing Service Pack as update. My personal recommendation is to read such article before going to some Bittorent website and try to download SP1 because there is not anything more secure, trusted and “clean” than the official package provided by Microsoft itself.
Let’s start from the most obvious reason that might have prevented your Windows 7 from showing up SP1 as available update. Let’s see how to check for updates in Windows 7
- Click Start.
- In the Search bar, type Update and press Enter.
- From the list , click Windows Update.
- The Windows Update window will appear on your screen.
- Click Check for Updates on the left pane.
- On the right pane you should now be able to see Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB976932)
- Tick the checkbox and hit OK.
- Click Install Updates.
Another reason why Windows 7 won’t let you download SP1 is because you already have downloaded and installed a pre-release (Beta or RC) version of Windows 7 SP1. In order to install the official Windows 7 Sp1 you will have to uninstall the old beta or RC first.
Read these articles:
In order to allow Windows 7 to show and download future updates you must install these official update (KB976902).
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Make Your Google Chrome Run Faster and More Efficently
- How to Turn On Windows 10 GodMode
- How to Fix Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop Issue after Upgrade or Installation
- How to Fix Windows 10 Doesn’t Use and See All RAM Available
One Comment to “How to Fix Windows 7 SP1 Won’t Show and Download in Windows Update”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.