If you own a Windows 7 with with processor 7075 you might have noticed that a notepad named desktop.ini opens randomly and by itself when you start or reboot your computer. Such a Notepad is not blank as it contains some code which it does make a lot of sense. The code should look like this: “[.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787”. Do not worry, Your Windows 7 is not “broken”! What you are seeing is a small bug referring to the desktop.ini file which has been created on a wrong location. Here is the fix!
- Click Start.
- Click Computer.
- Click Organize located on the left side of your Windows 7 upper toolbar.
- Click Folder and Search Option.
- Click the View tab.
- Under Hidden Folders and Files, click the Show folders, files and drives radio button.
- Click OK and exit.
- Now, click Start.
- In the Search field, type desktop.ini and press Enter.
- Alternatively, you can also go to: C: – Program Data – Microsoft –Windows –Start Menu –Programs – Startup folder.
- Righ-click it and delete it.
- Now go to: Go to C: – Users – Your_Username – AppData – Roaming – Microsoft – Windows – Start Menu – Startup folder.
- Again, delete the desktop.ini file.
- Done! This should stop your notepad from opening by itself!
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Unlock and Remove PDF Passwords Using Google Chrome
- How to Recover and Get Back Deleted Files, Folders, Emails etc from your Hard Disk Trash Bin
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
2 Comments to “How to Fix Notepad Opens Randomly by Itself on Windows 7”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.