If you own a Windows 7 with with processor 7075 you might have noticed that a notepad named desktop.ini opens randomly and by itself when you start or reboot your computer. Such a Notepad is not blank as it contains some code which it does make a lot of sense. The code should look like this: “[.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787”. Do not worry, Your Windows 7 is not “broken”! What you are seeing is a small bug referring to the desktop.ini file which has been created on a wrong location. Here is the fix!
- Click Start.
- Click Computer.
- Click Organize located on the left side of your Windows 7 upper toolbar.
- Click Folder and Search Option.
- Click the View tab.
- Under Hidden Folders and Files, click the Show folders, files and drives radio button.
- Click OK and exit.
- Now, click Start.
- In the Search field, type desktop.ini and press Enter.
- Alternatively, you can also go to: C: – Program Data – Microsoft –Windows –Start Menu –Programs – Startup folder.
- Righ-click it and delete it.
- Now go to: Go to C: – Users – Your_Username – AppData – Roaming – Microsoft – Windows – Start Menu – Startup folder.
- Again, delete the desktop.ini file.
- Done! This should stop your notepad from opening by itself!
- why does notepad keep opening by itself
- windows 7 notepad keeps opening when installing program
- How to Lock and Password Protect a Folder in Windows 10, 8, 7
- Google Animal Sounds Hidden Feature!
- How to Lock and Protect Google Chrome with a User Password
- How to Play Pac-Man and Breakout Games on Google
2 Comments to “How to Fix Notepad Opens Randomly by Itself on Windows 7”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.