If you own a Windows 7 with with processor 7075 you might have noticed that a notepad named desktop.ini opens randomly and by itself when you start or reboot your computer. Such a Notepad is not blank as it contains some code which it does make a lot of sense. The code should look like this: “[.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787″. Do not worry, Your Windows 7 is not “broken”! What you are seeing is a small bug referring to the desktop.ini file which has been created on a wrong location. Here is the fix!
- Click Start.
- Click Computer.
- Click Organize located on the left side of your Windows 7 upper toolbar.
- Click Folder and Search Option.
- Click the View tab.
- Under Hidden Folders and Files, click the Show folders, files and drives radio button.
- Click OK and exit.
- Now, click Start.
- In the Search field, type desktop.ini and press Enter.
- Alternatively, you can also go to: C: - Program Data - Microsoft -Windows -Start Menu -Programs – Startup folder.
- Righ-click it and delete it.
- Now go to: Go to C: - Users – Your_Username - AppData – Roaming – Microsoft – Windows - Start Menu – Startup folder.
- Again, delete the desktop.ini file.
- Done! This should stop your notepad from opening by itself!
Tags: bugs, Windows 7
- notepad starts by itself
- notepad keeps opening by itself
- notepad starts automatically
- notepad keeps opening windows 7
- notepad opens automatically windows 7
- notepad opens on its own
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
2 Comments to “How to Fix Notepad Opens Randomly by Itself on Windows 7”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.