This guide will show you how to remove the fake, dangerous Profile Peekers (aka Profile Stalker app) application from your Facebook profile. Such application promises to show you who is looking at your profile or who is “stalking you” on Facebook. It is useless to say that such application is completely fake! As stated on this Facebook web page, Facebook doesn’t allow anybody to track down somebody else profile. It doesn’t allow you to see who is looking at your profile, either. Such applications must be considered a scam whose goal is to steal your Facebook private information or to spread malware or viruses! You have to got to delete them right away. So let’s see how to get rid of Profile Peekers and other “who views/stalks my Facebook profile” from your FB account!
The procedure to remove the Profile Peekers app from Facebook is the standard one, plus a small extra trick to make sure you have not been infected by a virus or malware.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- On the left side of your personal page, click the Account button.
- From the Drop down menu, click Privacy Settings.
- You will be redirected to the Privacy Settings page. At the end of such a page, on the left, you should be able to see a small Application and Websites section.
- Click Edit Settings.
- You will be redirected to the Applications, websites and Games page.
- Locate the spammy Profile Peekers from the list of apps you have installed on your Facebook.
- Click the Edit Setting button.
- Alternatively, click the “X” icon labeled Remove unwanted or spammy applications. It is located at the end of the application list.
- You will be redirected to the Edit Setting page.
- Next to the Profile Peekers app, click the “X” icon.
- A pop-up window will appear on your screen prompting you to confirm the app.
- Click the Remove button.
- Back to your computer!
- Download SpyBot Search & Destroy free software in order to delete any unwanted malware and spyware the spammy application might have installed on your machine.
- Once you have installed the program, click the Scan button to perform a complete scan of your whole machine.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Lock and Password Protect a Folder in Windows 10, 8, 7
- Google Animal Sounds Hidden Feature!
- How to Lock and Protect Google Chrome with a User Password
- How to Play Pac-Man and Breakout Games on Google
3 Comments to “Delete and Remove Profile Peekers Application from Facebook”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.