Lately, there has been a lot of talks about security and Social networks. That’s why Twitter (as well as other websites such as Facebook and email services ) has implemented a neat feature to turn on secure HTTPS (SSL) connection. Such option is very useful above all if you login to Twitter using unsecure/public Internet connection such Airport free hotspots etc. According to Twitter blog: “Using HTTPS for your favorite Internet services is particularly important when using them over unsecured WiFi connections”. Sure, you can access to Twitter secure HTTPS connection by heading to https://twitter.com, but Twitter users wanted a simple option able to turn on HTTPS permanently, kind of “set-it-and-forget-it” feature. Let’s see how to enable SSL secure connection on Twitter in a couple of steps.
- Login to Twitter.
- On the upper-right side of your Twitter profile page, click on your nickname. A small drop-down menu will appear.
- Click Settings that should be the first option on the menu.
- Click the Account tab.
- Tick the Always use HTTPS checkbox. This will turn on the feature, permanently.
- Click Save button.
- As a further precaution, Twitter will ask you to confirm your action by asking you to re-enter your password. Do it and click the Save button.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Solve and Fix “This webpage is not available dns_probe_finished _no_internet” Error in Google Chrome
- How to Clean and Delete your Personal Information and Search from Cortana
- How to Delete or Temporary Block/Hide Your Instagram Account
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.