One of the most interesting and annoying features in Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) is the autocomplete (suggest bar) search bar that automatically suggests those URLs which are close to the website you are typing the address of. Such a auto-complete address bar will show you a list (history) of all the previous searches you have performed, your favorites (bookmark) as well as all those websites and blogs you have previously visited. The autocomplete Web address bar is not a new feature as it existed in old Internet Explorer versions. However, in this latest IE9 it has been enhanced and improved. The downside of it is that it might create some embarrassment while typing an URL thus posing a threat to your privacy. This brief tutorial will show you how to turn it off and delete its history database from all its entries.
If you want to turn off the auto complete web address bar, follow these simple steps.
- Turn on IE9.
- Click the Gear icon located on the right side of the window,close to the Home button.
- From the menu,click the Internet Options.
- Click the Content tab.
- Under the Autocomplete section, click the Settings tab.
- Under Autocomplete for, untick the Address Bar checkbox.
- Click OK.
If you wish to clear and delete the autocomplete History, follow steps 1 to 5, then:
- Under Autocomplete for, untick the Delete Autocomplete History … button
- Click OK.
Tags: Internet Explorer, security, trick
- how to turn off emp in internet explorer 9
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
One Comment to “How To Delete and Turn Off Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) AutoComplete Search Bar”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.