Internet Explorer 9 has increased user security by enhancing a feature called SmartScreen Filter that basically checks the file you are downloading against a list of reputable and trusted files available on the Internet. The downside of this security feature is that it will try to forbid you to install the application if it is not trusted or there are little information and “footprint” about it. To do that, the SmartScreen Filter will hide the Run command from the list of options available once you double-click the .exe application from the Internet Explorer ” View Downloads” window. Let’s see how to solve this issue and safely install any “untrusted” application on your computer using Internet Explorer 9.
- In the View Downloads window, double-click “This program is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer”
- As you see, by default the only options available for the Downloaded application are Delete, Action and in some cases Save.
- A new widow will appear on your screen. It is the SmartScreen Filter that will warn you that the program you are about to install could harm your PC. The only options available are: Don’t Run this Program and Delete Program.
- Click the small arrow located on the buttom of such window to see more options.
- Click Run Anyway.
- At this point
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Solve and Fix “This webpage is not available dns_probe_finished _no_internet” Error in Google Chrome
- How to Clean and Delete your Personal Information and Search from Cortana
- How to Delete or Temporary Block/Hide Your Instagram Account
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.