One of the most missed features in Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) is the useful spell check (or spell checker tool) able to instant check what you write and highlight the errors you make. Nobody knows why Microsoft didn’t add such great tool as other famous and well-known browsers (such as Chrome and Firefox) come with it, by default. Of course, in the Internet a lot of users are asking for such a feature and a lot of geeks have already found a proper solution to it. So, let’s see how to install and add it to your Internet Explorer 9, for free!
Speckie is an interesting, free application able to add real-time spell checking capabilities to your ordinary Internet Explorer 9! In order to work properly, Speckie needs Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit) and requires Internet Explorer v6, 7, 8 or 9. It is also available both for the 32 and 64 bit versions of Internet Explorer. In order to add and install it, follow this easy procedure:
- Turn off your Internet Explorer 9.
- Download and install Speckie.
- Launch Internet Explorer 9.
- Speckie is an add-on, by the way. As soon as you launch IE9, the browser will ask you if you want to turn on Speckie. Click the Enable button.
- In order to test it, go to some forum or try to add a comment to a blog of your choice.
- Now try to mistype a word. You will see that it will be highlighted by Speckie right away!
- Right click the mistyped word and from the list of word available select the one you want.
- Alternatively, you can also add a new work to Speckie dictionary!
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
- How to Fix “Age Fault in Nonpaged Area” BSOD Error in Windows 10
- How to Turn Off and Remove Pop Up Ads in File Explorer in Windows 10
- How to Fix Error 0xc000007b in Windows 10, Windows 8 and 7
One Comment to “Install and Add Spell Check to Internet Explorer 9 (IE9)”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.