Yahoo! Direct Search is a new feature implemented in Yahoo Search engine which, similarly to Google Instant Search, shows you specific results while typing a keyword on the search field. Basically, Yahoo Direct Search shows you the top results for any given keywords as well as answers to your questions in a small window right below the search field, as-you-type (instant search). But there is a little more than that. In fact, such a small window also shows “trending searches” (most searched keyword that are similar to the one you are looking for) . If you hover over one of these keywords, Yahoo Direct Search will display on the right side of the small window the top sites, directly taken from its search result. Without any doubt, this new way of searching the Web is quite interesting and useful, above all when you are looking for direct answers to your questions. For example, if you type: weather in New York, Yahoo Direct Search will display the weather forecast for the city right away. If you type MSFT it will display a stock exchange graph of Microsoft stocks and so on. This post will show you what you have to do if you want to turn on such a new feature. It will also show you how to turn it off in case you don’t like it and prefer to search the Internet “the old way”.
Yahoo! Direct Search is still in beta but of course you can use it and enjoy the benefit of Google Instant Search on your Yahoo…with some interesting adds! If you want to activate and turn on Yahoo! Direct Search head to:
Soon, such feature will become the new default way to search the Internet on Yahoo! If you don’t like it because you think it might distract you or you want to look the Internet in a deeper way without depending on Yahoo Direct Search top results, you can turn it off. Here is how:
- Click More on Yahoo home page.
- Click Preferences.
- Click the Edit link under the Search Direct section.
- Click the Off radio button.
Tags: news, Yahoo
- how to turn on yahoo search help
- how to turn off yahoo search
- is there a way to search yahoo history when turn off
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
2 Comments to “How to Turn On and Off Yahoo! Search Direct”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.