Quick Tabs is a feature available in Internet Explorer 9 (IE9). It was first introduced in Internet Explorer 7 (Tab Browsing) and lets you preview any open tabs available (thumbnails) on the left of the address bar by pressing the CTRL+Q shortcut. Such a feature is extremely useful if you have a lot of open tabs on your Internet Explorer 9 and wish to know more about them in order to close unwanted tabs or look for the one you need without opening them all! In case you are wondering where such a cool feature is you have to know that it is disabled and turned off by default, so unless you go through IE9 options you won’t have any chance to know about it. So, let’s see how to turn it on in a couple of clicks!
- Open Internet Explorer 9.
- Click Tools (you can also gain access to Tools by pressing Alt to access menu – Tools).
- Click Internet Options.
- Press the General tab.
- Under the Tabs section click the Settings button.
- Tick the Enable Quick Tabs checkbox.
- Restart Internte Explorer 9 for the change to take effect.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Search for Content in any File in Windows 10
- How to Block and Restrict Other Users Access to Windows 10 Registry Editor
- Easy Trick to Find Out the WiFi Password of a Internet Connection (No Hacking Required)
- How to Save, Backup and Restore All Drivers in Windows 10
One Comment to “How to Preview Open Tabs in Internet Explorer 9 (Quick Tabs)”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.