This article will show you how and if it is possible to turn off the highlighted words that are shown after an Internet search. Sometimes, while searching for a keyword on the Internet, when you open a website or a forum page directly from Google Search you will see that a lot of words in the article, post or thread will be highlighted in yellow, red or orange. Such words are nothing else than the keyword(s) you were looking for. This annoying feature seems to be available on a lot of websites and browsers including Firefox and Google Chrome. Let’s see how to disable it for good.
First of all let me tell you that it is not always possible to turn off the annoying keyword highlight feature. In fact, most of the times it is not embedded in Google Search, Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. It was automatically activated after you visited the website, blog or forum from an Internet Search performed in Google, Yahoo, Bing etc. In this case you do not have any way to disable it.
However, thanks to a little hack you will be able to disable such a feature from some website. It is a little tricky, not permanent and the result is not always sure but it is worth a try!
- After you have opened a page or website containing a lot of highlighted keywords, words or sentences, have a look at your browser web address field.
- Inside such field you will be able to see the web address website.
- Look for the following code inside the web address: &search_terms=searchterms
- Delete it.
- Hit Enter on your keyboard. This will reload the page or website and will remove the highlight feature from it!
Google Toolbar has got the highlight feature that “search a webpage for words or phrases you’ve typed in the Toolbar’s search box.” If you have downloaded and installed Google Toolbar on your Internet browser, you can turn it off.
- Click the Toolbar’s wrench icon.
- On the Search tab, deselect the ‘Highlight search terms’ and ‘Find and highlight words on a web page’ checkboxes.
- Click the Save button to confirm your choice.
In Firefox, there is a neat feature that, if turned on, will highlight words in yellow. Here is how to reach this option and turn it off (or on).
- Click View on the upper Firefox toolbar.
- Click the Edit option located on the upper Firefox toolbar.
- On bottom of Firefox a the Find tool bar will appear.
- Click the Highlight All button to turn on or off the feature.
- why are my searches highlighted in internet explorer
- how do you turn off the highlighter feature on the web
- How to delete yellow higlighted search in bing
- Stop highlight feature in webpage
- How to Search for Content in any File in Windows 10
- How to Block and Restrict Other Users Access to Windows 10 Registry Editor
- Easy Trick to Find Out the WiFi Password of a Internet Connection (No Hacking Required)
- How to Save, Backup and Restore All Drivers in Windows 10
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.