If you try to install a software on your Windows 7 operating system, you might get the following error message: “The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.” Such error message is triggered when the Installer gets corrupted or when Windows Installer service has stopped working for unknown reasons. Such issue is also available on Windows Vista and XP as well. Windows Installer is an important component which is used in all Windows operating systems to install, uninstall and support software and applications. Such a component is widely spread (also thanks to Microsoft support) in almost all software distributions as it will keep internal database of installed products consistent in Windows systems. Let’s see how to fix it!
- Click Start.
- In the Search field (Run…if you have got Windows XP), type: CMD and press Enter.
- Type msiexec.exe /unregister
- Press Enter.
- Type msiexec /regserver
- Press Enter.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Search for Content in any File in Windows 10
- How to Block and Restrict Other Users Access to Windows 10 Registry Editor
- Easy Trick to Find Out the WiFi Password of a Internet Connection (No Hacking Required)
- How to Save, Backup and Restore All Drivers in Windows 10
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.