Sometimes it might happen that you are not be able to reach your Control Panel in your Windows operating system (such as Windows 7 or Vista). That’s way Microsoft placed interesting commands in the DOS Command Prompt. In fact, the neglected DOS window is a quite resourceful place where you can gain access to a big variety of Windows tools in case the “ordinary” path doesn’t work anymore. For examples, certain viruses and malware systematically block a lot of Windows tools and applications from being reached through the well-known user interface. In this case such DOS commands (or shortcuts) might be quite useful to you! Let’s see how to run printers, scanners, Internet Properties and options, Security Center, Language options etc thanks to a simple commands!
- Click Start.
- In the Search bar (Run..if youhave Windows Vista or XP), type CDM and do not press Enter.
- Right click the Command Prompt windows and from the menu click Run as Administrator.
- Press Enter.
- Now type on the of commands below in order to gain access to almost Windows Tools.
- Accessibility Options control access.cpl
- Add New Hardware control sysdm.cpl add new hardware
- Add/Remove Programs control appwiz.cpl
- Date/Time Properties control timedate.cpl
- Display Properties control desk.cpl
- FindFast control findfast.cpl
- Fonts Folder control fonts
- Internet Properties control inetcpl.cpl
- Joystick Properties control joy.cpl
- Keyboard Properties control main.cpl keyboard
- Microsoft Exchange control mlcfg32.cpl (or Windows Messaging)
- Microsoft Mail Post Office control wgpocpl.cpl
- Modem Properties control modem.cpl
- Mouse Properties control main.cpl
- Multimedia Properties control mmsys.cpl
- Network Properties control netcpl.cpl NOTE: In Windows NT 4.0, Network properties is Ncpa.cpl, not Netcpl.cpl
- Password Properties control password.cpl
- PC Card control main.cpl pc card (PCMCIA)
- Power Management (Windows 95) control main.cpl power
- Power Management (Windows 98) control powercfg.cpl
- Printers Folder control printers
- Regional Settings control intl.cpl
- Scanners and Cameras control sticpl.cpl
- Sound Properties control mmsys.cpl sounds
- System Properties control sysdm.cpl
Tags: trick, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- command prompt abbreviation for control panel
- run control panel from dos
- xp dos command control panel
- windows dos control panel cmd
- windows 7 control panel from dos prompt
- run control panel from ms dos command prompt
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.