If you need a quick solution that lets you unhide files and folders in your Windows operating system, then you might find this quick DOS command very useful. Certain kind of viruses in order to hide among your files and folders, make themselves invisible by hacking certain Windows options. Furthermore, they will also disable such settings to prevent user from spotting them. I am talking about Folder options. You are able to reach such settings by opening the Windows Explorer folder – Tools – Folder Options and opening the View tab. If you get infected, the virus will disable such a feature to prevent you from spotting it. Let’s see how to unhide files and folders from your computer as well as your USB hard drive (pen drive).
- Click Start.
- In the search field, type CMD and do not press Enter.
- Right-click the CMD (Command Prompt) icon and from the menu select Run it as Administrator. This will etl you grant access to DOS Command Prompt.
- Type: cd (path of the folder containing the files to unhide)
- Now, to unhide, and as a consequence open files, type: attrib /s /d -s -h –r
Tags: trick, Windows 7
- unhide files in windows 7 command line
- unhide files cmd
- how to unhide files in usb cmd
- how unhide files dos prompt
- how to unhide data in usb drive using command prompt
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
One Comment to “Simple Command to Unhide Files in DOS Command Prompt”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.