By default, Windows 8 displays the user tile next to the time and date in the taskbar in Windows 8. This article will show how to delete and turn off such tile in order to regain some space in the taskbar. The user tile is nothing else than the account picture that identifies a user. In previous Windows versions (such as Windows 7 and Vista) it was only shown in the Start menu.
- Right-click the User tile located in the taskbar.
- From the menu, select Properties.
- Scroll down the list of available Account icons/pictures and locate the User Tile option.
- On the right of such an option you will see a drop-down button. Click it to turn on or off the User tile feature in Windows 8.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Search for Content in any File in Windows 10
- How to Block and Restrict Other Users Access to Windows 10 Registry Editor
- Easy Trick to Find Out the WiFi Password of a Internet Connection (No Hacking Required)
- How to Save, Backup and Restore All Drivers in Windows 10
One Comment to “How to Turn Off the User Tile (Account Picture) from Windows 8 Taskbar”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.