By default, Windows 8 displays the user tile next to the time and date in the taskbar in Windows 8. This article will show how to delete and turn off such tile in order to regain some space in the taskbar. The user tile is nothing else than the account picture that identifies a user. In previous Windows versions (such as Windows 7 and Vista) it was only shown in the Start menu.
- Right-click the User tile located in the taskbar.
- From the menu, select Properties.
- Scroll down the list of available Account icons/pictures and locate the User Tile option.
- On the right of such an option you will see a drop-down button. Click it to turn on or off the User tile feature in Windows 8.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
- How to Fix “Age Fault in Nonpaged Area” BSOD Error in Windows 10
- How to Turn Off and Remove Pop Up Ads in File Explorer in Windows 10
- How to Fix Error 0xc000007b in Windows 10, Windows 8 and 7
One Comment to “How to Turn Off the User Tile (Account Picture) from Windows 8 Taskbar”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.