By default, Windows 8 displays the user tile next to the time and date in the taskbar in Windows 8. This article will show how to delete and turn off such tile in order to regain some space in the taskbar. The user tile is nothing else than the account picture that identifies a user. In previous Windows versions (such as Windows 7 and Vista) it was only shown in the Start menu.
- Right-click the User tile located in the taskbar.
- From the menu, select Properties.
- Scroll down the list of available Account icons/pictures and locate the User Tile option.
- On the right of such an option you will see a drop-down button. Click it to turn on or off the User tile feature in Windows 8.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
- How to Solve KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys Error in Windows 10
- How to Prevent Microsoft Internet Edge from Showing Pop-Up Notification
One Comment to “How to Turn Off the User Tile (Account Picture) from Windows 8 Taskbar”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.