It is very common to have your gadgets stuck on your desktop in Windows 7 operating systems. Such gadgets have stopped working out-of-the-blue for apparent no reason. It is sufficient to Google the Internet for such issue to find out how spread it is! Most of the time such problem is due to some incompatible gadget you installed on your sidebar. The remedy in these cases is pretty simple. Restart or restore your gadgets or, if this doesn’t work, go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets and delete the offending gadget. (do not forget to show hidden files and folders first! To achieve this open Windows Explorer, click Tools – Folder options, click the view tab and select show hidden files and folders). Other times instead the solution is not easy and it is out-of-reach, completely! The following trick will show you how to fix stuck gadgets what have stopped working thanks to simple CDM commands!
- Click Start.
- In the Search field, type CMD and do not press Enter.
- Right click the Command Prompt icon and, from the menu, select Run it as Administrator.
- Run the following commands, one after the other. Do not forget to press enter after each one:
- regsvr32 msxml3.dll
- regsvr32 scrrun.dll
- regsvr32 jscript.dll
- These commands will re-register the dlls responsible for the Windows gadgets proper functioning
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
If the procedure above didn’t work for you, maybe what it is not working properly is the Windows 7 gadget platform. The following tutorial will show you how to restart it.
- Click Start.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Programs.
- Click Turn Windows Features On and Off.
- In the Windows Features, untick the Windows Gadget Platform checkbox and click OK. This step will uninstall the Windows gadget platform.
- After the gadget platform has been uninstalled successfully, tick the same option back and press OK to reinstall it.
- This should fix those gadgets which stopped working!
Tags: trick, Windows 7
- gadgets in windows 7 stoped working
- gadgets stopped on windows 7
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
3 Comments to “Fix Desktop Gadgets Have Stopped Working in Windows 7”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.