Sometimes, right after updating Firefox browser to latest versions (Firefox 4 and further versions), your installed addons might stop working for no apparent reasons. Even if you uninstall and reinstall Firefox itself you won’t manage to fix the issue. Your Firefox addons will be completely lost beyond recovery and trying to activate them will only make you understand that they have stopped working for good. Such problem is quite widespread and make a lot of users wonder if such a problem is a Firefox bug more than a random issue. Here is the quick fix and solution to reactivate them back!
Before starting with the tutorial I would like to clarify a point. The “addons have stopped working” issue is not related to old addon incompatibility issue. They are two separate problems that have got different solutions. Read this article in case you have old addons and wish to use them with your recent Firefox version. If instead you have addons that do not work anymore, read this tutorial:
- Turn off and close Firefox.
- Gain Access to Firefox Profile Folder and delete/reset Extension Registry. Open Windows Explorer and go to: %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ (you can copy and paste this location to Windows Explorer address field)
- Delete the follwing files: extensions.ini, extensions.cache, extensions.rdf.
- Restart Firefox.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Solve and Fix “This webpage is not available dns_probe_finished _no_internet” Error in Google Chrome
- How to Clean and Delete your Personal Information and Search from Cortana
- How to Delete or Temporary Block/Hide Your Instagram Account
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
One Comment to “How to Fix Addons Have Stopped Working in Firefox”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.