This simple tutorial will show you how to restore and reset your Google Chrome Profile settings to default mode. Resetting your Google Chrome might come in handy for a lot of reasons. An old, incompatible extension might have corrupted your Chrome profile, an incorrect setup or setting might have compromised your Chrome profile etc. As a consequence, most of the time, you won’t manage to open Chrome, while on other occasions, the browser might return you with the famous “Aw Snap” error or “Your profile could not be opened correctly” messages. Here is the easy tutorial to fix this issue.
- Restart your Windows operating system. This is the only way to turn of Chrome for sure. In fact, a corrupted profile could prevent Chrome from being shut. This will also prevent you from modify its files and/or reset its profile.
- Click Start in your Windows.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- In the Address bar,copy and paste the following path: Your_Profile\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data
- Hit Enter on your keyboard.
- On the right pane you should see a folder labeled: Default.
- Right-click the Default folder and rename iit to something like this: Default_backup. Such a folder contains your profile.
- Open Google Chrome. This will automatically re-create, reset and restore your profile.
- Now, go back to the Default_backup folder.Open it and locate the bookmark.bak file.
- Right-click the Bookmark.bak file and copy it.
- Paste the Bookmark.bak file to the new, fresh Default folder.
Tags: Chrome, trick
- reset chrome profile
- reset google profile
- HOW TO RESTORE CHROME WITH USER PROFILE
- google chrome reset profile
- restore google chrome profile
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.