- Turn on and open Yahoo Messenger.
- Click the Preferences option.
- On the left pane you will see a list of Categories. Click Archive.
- On the right pane, click the Yes, save all of my messages radio button.
- At the bottom of such options, on the right pane, you will also be able to see a button labeled Clear Archive now. This button, as its name goes, will let you delete the whole chat history from your computer.
- Click OK.
- From now on, all your chat sessions will be saved on your computer, on your hard disk.
In order to find the path and exact folder where your chat history is saved you will have to open Windows Explorer and go to:
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\ Messenger\Profiles\ Yahoo ID\Archive\ Messages
In the Messages folder you will be able to locate all your chat sessions. From there you will be able to backup and delete everything using your mouse.
Tags: chat, Yahoo
- How to delete a script downloaded from opening a chat message?????
- how to download yahoo chat history
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.