One of the most useful features in Google Chrome is without any doubt the autofill search suggestion that is available on the URL address bar. However, you might wish to turn it off. In fact, some users find such a feature quite annoying and prefer to search the Internet from Google and not from the address bar. Furthermore, the auto fill search also shows you the past searches, visited websites as well as the keywords you typed. This, as you might guess might be quite embarrassing! Let’s see how to disable and turn off such a feature from your Google Chrome.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the wrench icon.
- Click Options.
- Click the Under the Hood tab.
- In the “Privacy” section, deselect the “Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar” checkbox.
- Now, try to type something on the address bar.
- Please note that you might continue to see old searches and websites in the address bar after turning off the prediction feature. In fact, the autofill search suggestion fetches data from from your browsing history also. In order to be sure not to see any old searches anymore you should clear your browsing history.
- Again, click the wrench icon.
- Click Tools.
- Select Clear browsing data. Also from the “Clear data from this period” drop down menu, select Everything.
- Select all the checkboxes related to your browsing history (simply, tick them all).
- Click the Clear browsing data button.
- turn off address bar auto suggestions chrome
- How to Search for Content in any File in Windows 10
- How to Block and Restrict Other Users Access to Windows 10 Registry Editor
- Easy Trick to Find Out the WiFi Password of a Internet Connection (No Hacking Required)
- How to Save, Backup and Restore All Drivers in Windows 10
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.