In Windows 7 there are a lot of ways to do the same thing. That’s the case of the shutdown and restart function that in this article can be optimized by creating a shortcut on the desktop. To tell you the truth I have already written about such a topic in the past (reboot and shortcut desktop solution). The only difference is that in this tutorial we will use a different Windows command to perform a quick reboot of the Windows operating system. But when does this shortcut come in handy? If you need to restart your computer often because, for example, you install a lot of applications then this article is for you, definitely. But you might find this shortcut extremely useful when your computer gets stuck or you can not access your Start menu or if you need a quick way to turn off your computer without the hassle to go through the Start menu etc.
- Right-click any empty space of the desktop.
- Click New from the menu.
- Click Shortcut.
- In the blank field, paste this easy command: shutdown /r /t 0
- Click the Next button located at the bottom of the wizard.
- Follow the easy instructions.
- Click the Finish button to create the shortcut.
- The shortcut will be available on the desktop, now.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Access Your PC BIOS Settings in Windows 10
- How to Change your Facebook Profile Look (Design) and Block Ads
- How to Recover Data, Photos, Files from a Corrupted SD Card
- How to Lock Down your PC Using a USB Key
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.