I have already written on how to remove ads from Windows Live Messenger 2011. However, a lot of users are still complaining about the nagging advertisements located on the chat box/window footer. Such ads is nothing else than a banner located at the bottom of the chat conversation window and displays different kind of images and ads. Despite there are a lot of solutions available on the Internet able to disable and turn off ads from Windows Live Messenger 2011 (WLM2011) the one I have just found will let you achieve the same result without hacking the chat client or installing any third-party software on your Windows 7 or Vista. In fact, from within Windows Live Messenger settings there is a nifty option that, if disabled, will hide the ads banner right away. In my opinion such option was not meant to remove any ads as its description doesn’t refer to them at all. In fact, it looks like more a bug than anything else.
- Open Windows Live Messenger 2011.
- Click the display name and then click More Options.
- On the left pane, click the the Messages section.
- On the right pane, under the Conversations section, untick the Show expanded footer in conversation windows checkbox.
- Click OK.
- At this point you should be able to notice that how the little trick was able to remove ads from the footer of the windows conversation.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Solve and Fix “This webpage is not available dns_probe_finished _no_internet” Error in Google Chrome
- How to Clean and Delete your Personal Information and Search from Cortana
- How to Delete or Temporary Block/Hide Your Instagram Account
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
One Comment to “Remove Advertisements (ads) from Windows Live Messenger 2011 Chat Box Footer”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.