The new Microsoft Office 2010 offers its users a lot of new features and improvements. For example, Word 2010 lets you edit photos, images and pictures in a very easy way thanks to some interesting editing tools that do not have anything to envy to professional, third-party software. Of course, such tools are very limited in their functions and options, but however they manage to modify, fix, adjust, resize, compress etc your photos in a breeze! Let’s see how to use Word 2010 as…Photoshop! (ehm, well, more or less).
Insert/upload a picture into Word 2010
Well, the first step to do in order to edit a picture is to insert one! The procedure is quite easy and straightforward!
- Open Word 2010.
- Click the Insert tab and click the Picture icon. From there, go to the folder on your computer/hard disk where your photo is located and upload it to your Word 2010 new document.
At this point, we can start modifying the image in the way we want by using a whole set of tools available under the Picture Tool bar. The first tool available starting from the left is the Remove Background. If you want to remove and delete the background of an image you can do it easily by using this new feature and following the steps below!
- Click the picture once. This will bring the Picture bar up. On the left side of such a bar, click the Remove Background icon.
- The background of your photo should have changed color. If you like what Word 2010 has done for you automatically, click the Keep Changes button.
- Alternatively, if you want to customize your picture, you might decide to edit it, manually. To do it, click the Mark Areas to Keep or Mark Ares to Remove icons.
The next thing you might want to try is the Correct tool that lets you modify the color of your image thanks to two sets of filters! The only thing you have to do is pick one of them and you are done! Filters available are: Sharpen and Soften , Brightness and Contrast. Each filter comes with previews of your picture/photo modified using a special effect.
The Color tool lets you modify your photo using special color filters. Filters available are: Color Saturation, Color Tone, Recolor. Of course, each filter comes with a lot of previews. Each preview represents your photo modified using a single color.
Other tools availabe are:
- Artistic Effect. This tools will modify and edit your pictures by adding special effects to them such as sketch, thin fabric, gross fabric, negative, paint brush etc.
- Compress Picture. It reduces the width and height of a photo as well as its size.
- Picture Style. It changes your picture frame.
- Picture Effect. It comes with a lot of filters and presets that add different effects such as shadow, reflection, glow etc.
- how to edit a picture microsoft word 2010
- how to edit picture microsoft word 2010
- How to Fix “No Internet Secured” WiFi Error Message in Windows 10, 7 , 8
- How to Fix Google Chrome Won’t Update Adobe Flash Player
- How to Turn Off Chat Box (AKA Google Talk or GTalk) From Your Gmail
- How to Access Your PC BIOS Settings in Windows 10
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.