One of the most important features in Office 2010 (Word 2010, Excel 2010 etc.) is the autorecover option which lets you backup and autosave your documents. This is extremely important when your computer suffers from a power outage or when Office 2010 shuts down unexpectedly. The autorecover feature will autosave all your documents in a breeze. Of course, all your important Word 2010, Excel 2010 files will be saved locally, on your computer. This can be a little dangerous above all when your computer fails to turn on or when a virus infect it, disabling certain processes and options. The best solution here would be to save your work to an external USB hard drive. This article will show you how to autosave your files and documents to any external drive and how to turn on the autorecover feature in Office 2010.
- Open Word 2010.
- Click File located on the upper toolbar.
- Click Options.
- In the Word Options window, click Save located on the left pane.
- On the right pane, look for the Save Documents section. Tick the “Keep the last autosaved version if I close without saving” checkbox to turn on such a feature and allow the application monitor and backup your works and documents.
- In the Autorecover file location write the full path of your USB drive. To know such path, open Windows Explorer in your Windows 7 or Vista and locate your USB dongle on the left pane. Alternatively, you can hit the Browse… button located on the right of the blank address field.
- Click OK.
- If you want to save your Excel 2010 files and documents you will have to open the Excel 2010 tool, click File and click Save on the left pane located on the Excel Options window.
- Look for the Save WordBooks section and follow steps 4 to 7.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Solve and Fix “This webpage is not available dns_probe_finished _no_internet” Error in Google Chrome
- How to Clean and Delete your Personal Information and Search from Cortana
- How to Delete or Temporary Block/Hide Your Instagram Account
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.