As you know, one of the latest features introduced by Google is the keyboard shortcuts. Such shortcuts allow you to navigate Google via your keyboard by visualizing a blue arrow (and a magnifying glass) next to the Google search results. Undoubtedly, this feature is quite useful and handy. However, not all users think in the same way and actually a lot of them want to disable and turn off the “annoying” and “non practical” keyboard shortcuts feature. At the time writing Google doesn’t provide any option to achieve this result. Anyway an extension and a little trick will sort out the effect Googlers have been asking for months!
The only way to turn off and disable the keyboard navigation (shortcuts) feature is to disable Google Instant Search. To do it:
- Open Google.com
- On the ride side of the Search blank field, click the “Instant is On” link.
- From the tiny drop down menu, click the Off (press Enter to search) option.
If you have Google Chrome, a nice, free extension will let you turn of such feature without giving up the Instant Search feature. Google Search Scroll “Enables the scroll in Google Search”…”Without disabling the Google feature (the navigation between results), it also scrolls the page down and up by pressing the cursors. “
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Unlock and Remove PDF Passwords Using Google Chrome
- How to Recover and Get Back Deleted Files, Folders, Emails etc from your Hard Disk Trash Bin
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.