A weird bug is affecting a lot of Google users, lately. Without any known reason the famous Google Toolbar gets completely blank and empty (Sometimes this problem may show right after you update/upgrade the Google Toolbar). Basically, no buttons are shown (such as spellcheck, bookmarks etc.) on the toolbar installed on Firefox or Internet Explorer thus suggesting that this is not a browser related issue. Nothing seems to work. Even restarting and resetting the toolbar seems to produce no good effect. This tutorial will show you how to fix this problem thanks to a couple of tricks I have found on different forums.
- Click Start on your Windows 7.
- Open Computer.
- Go to this folder: C:/User/Your_Username/ AppData/Local/ Mozilla/Firefox/ Profiles/(Random numbers and words).default/GoogleToolbarData
- Open GoogleToolbarData and remove everything inside it (files and folders).
- If you do not manage to locate AppData it meas that it is hidden (by default). To make it visible, open Computer, click Tools, Folder Options, View, and look for the option to show hidden files and folder. Turn it on.
- Another fix is to go to: ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/ Your_username/GoogleToolbarData and delete everything from the GoogleToolBarData folder. The path for Windows XP users is: C:\Documents and Settings\Your_Username \Application Data\ Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ profilename.default\
- Now, kill every task associated with the Google Toolbar. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to popen the Task Manager. Kill any process associated with Google Toolbar (such as GoogleToolbarUpdater)
- Restart your Internet Browser.
Tags: bugs, Google App, trick
- google toolbar empty
- google toolbar blank
- google toolbar is blank
- google toolbar blank internet explorer
- google toolbar is blank internet explorer
- google toolbar enabled but blank
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
One Comment to “Fix Google Toolbar is Blank and Empty on Firefox and Internet Explorer”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.