As you know, Google Docs is one of the most used Web-based word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, form, and data storage service offered by Google. Just image Microsoft Office package, but think of it as an online service you can access wherever you are. Sure, its features are lesser than the ones available in the Microsoft Office package, but the advantages of using it online compensate the lack of certain important tools. Now, Google Docs is an online service, because of this you can reach it on every single computer equipped with an Internet connection. The fact that Google Docs defeats the space limitation turns this online service to an excellent tool that allows users scattered all over the world to work and collaborate together in a kind of cooperative mode in order to share the same file or document. Let’s see how to create an online document and have multiple users working together on it, on the same project!
- Login to your Google Docs account.
- On the left sidebar, click the Create New button.
- From the drop-down menu, select the document yo would like to create. You have a lot of option to choose from such as: document, presentation, spreadsheet, form, drawing and collection.
- Now, assign a name to your new, blank document. To do it, click the field named “Untitled Document” located on the right of the Google Docs picture.
- On the upper, far side of the page, click the Share button.
- From the drop-down menu, click Share Settings. A new, small window will appear on the page.
- In the Add People field, add the name or the email address of the users you would to share the document with. This will also allow them to work and collaborate together. Of course, you will also have to click “Can edit” or “Can view” options to define what level such users are allowed to interact with your document.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Recover and Get Back Deleted Files, Folders, Emails etc from your Hard Disk Trash Bin
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
- How to Solve KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys Error in Windows 10
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.