While working with a computer it is very easy to make some mistake and end up deleting important files, data and information. For example, it is very easy to play with your Google Chrome settings because, for example, you want to change something on the browser to make if faster or add some extra features. However, above all when you try to update it, it is quite easy to accidentally delete all of your bookmarks. This small post will show you a simple trick that will recover your deleted bookmarks in a couple of steps. Note: The trick only works if you haven’t closed Google Chrome yet!
- Click the Computer icon on your desktop and locate the following folder: %homepath%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
- Such Chrome folder contains all of your saved profiles as well as its settings and bookmarks.
- Locate the Bookmarks.bak file (bak stands for backup).
- Right-click the Bookmarks.bak file and paste it on your desktop or any other folder of your choice.
- Now, remove the back extension from the file name.
- Done! You have just recovered all your accidentally deleted bookmarks.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Search for Content in any File in Windows 10
- How to Block and Restrict Other Users Access to Windows 10 Registry Editor
- Easy Trick to Find Out the WiFi Password of a Internet Connection (No Hacking Required)
- How to Save, Backup and Restore All Drivers in Windows 10
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.