In Outlook 2010, as soon as you start typing in the “To”, “Cc” and “Bcc” fields, a special autocomplete feature will automatically show you, in a kind of “drop-down menu”, a list of choices that match the name or the email you are writing. Without any doubt, one could think that such a feature is a real blessing as it lets you save a considerable amount of time, above all if you don’t remember the contact you want to send the email to. However, some users might find such a feature quite annoying or disrespectful of your privacy, above all in all those cases where autocomplete starts showing embarassing names and emails in front of your friends and co-workers! Let’s see how to turn it off in a couple of steps.
- Open Outlook 2010.
- Click the File tab located on the upper toolbar.
- From its drop-down menu, click the Options link.
- A new window labeled Outlook option will pop on the screen.
- On the left pane, click the mail option.
- On the right pane, untick Use Auto-Complete List to suggest names when typing in the To, Cc, and Bcc lines checkbox.
- Click OK to confirm.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
- How to Solve KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys Error in Windows 10
- How to Prevent Microsoft Internet Edge from Showing Pop-Up Notification
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.