Facebook is rolling out a lot of interesting features lately. While nobody argues the fact that they are all interesting, I have to say that some of them are useful, others are not particularly interesting and a small group of them are quite useless and…annoying! Recently, Facebookers have welcomed a really bothering and irritating feature, a pop-up Photo Viewer which opens in a floating black box (lightbox). Let’s see how to turn off such a feature for good! It has to be said that the solution is not easy here as the popup is an embedded feature used by Facebook itself to show photos to users. However, if you really can’t stand it, I have got a really nice solution.
LightBox Killer is a GreaseMonkey script which kills all those irritating popup windows you activate every time you click a photo. In order to run the script you need to:
- pop up picture on facebook disable
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
- How to Solve KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys Error in Windows 10
- How to Prevent Microsoft Internet Edge from Showing Pop-Up Notification
One Comment to “How to Disable and Turn Off Facebook Pop-Up Photo Viewer”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.