If you use Windows Media Center (WMC) as your first application to control and watch movies, TV shows, CDs and DVDs then you might be interested in this little trick which lets you protect and control your children when you are not with them, in front of your computer. In fact, among Windows Media Center options there is a very useful set of options which provide a kind of safeguard filter meant to block and hide explicit adult content and material. Let’s see how to turn them on.
- Open Windows Media Center.
- Click Settings.
- Click General.
- Click Parental Controls.
- Create an access code (password) to block selected programs from being viewed.
- Under Parental Controls, click TV Rating.
- Check the Turn on TV blocking and Block unrated TV programs checkboxes.
- Click the Advanced button for more options. Such options let you fine tune what programs and movies to block by filtering the language and sexual content.
- Click Save.
- Now, go back to Parental Controls and click Movies/DVD Rating.
- Here, you should be able to find the exact same options as the one described on TV Rating.
- When all the filters and options have been set, do not forget to click Save!
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Use Text-to-Speech Converter Feature in Windows 10,8,7
- How to Lock and Password Protect a Folder in Windows 10, 8, 7
- Google Animal Sounds Hidden Feature!
- How to Lock and Protect Google Chrome with a User Password
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.