Yahoo! Messenger, as well as other famous chat clients, allows you to change your current status to another one of your choice such as: Available, Busy,Invisible etc. It also lets you create a custom message or status to show it to your friends. However, when you use Yahoo! Music to listen to your favorite song, Yahoo! Messenger will automatically change your status with the name of the song your computer is playing. If you don’t like the fact that Yahoo! Messenger takes such step, here is a quick trick that will prevent it to change your “mood” without your consent and permission.
- Login to Yahoo! Messenger.
- Click Messenger located on the top-right side of the chat client.
- Click Preferences.
- Click Yahoo! Music.
- Under the section labeled: When I am listening to Yahoo! Music, change my status to show, change from Artist name – song title to Do not change my status.
Tags: chat, trick, Yahoo
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.