One of the most useful features Google has released lately is “Search by Image“, available on Google Images. Basically, you can literally search Google by using a photo, a picture or any image available on your computer or on the Internet. Sadly, a lot of users seem not to know about it and still go on searching the Web in the old, fashioned way. This is really a pity because thanks to the “Search by Image” feature you can, apart from searching the Internet for similar images, get a lot of interesting and useful information about the picture itself. So let’s see how to turn on this new type of search and what you can get from it!
- The first thing to do is go to the Google Images website: http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi
- Now, have a look at the blank, empty search field. At its right-end you should see a small camera icon. If you can see it, you will be able to search Google by image. To turn this feature on, click it right away!
- A small dialog-box should appear on the screen. It should allow you to “Search Google with an image instead of text.”
- At this point you have got two options. You can search the Internet by copying and pasting the URL of a picture or you can upload an image from your computer.
- If, for example, you have a picture on the desktop you can also dragging it to the dialog-box. As soon as you place the photo inside the box, a text will appear saying “Place image here”. Drop the image and let Google search the Internet!
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
- How to Fix “Age Fault in Nonpaged Area” BSOD Error in Windows 10
- How to Turn Off and Remove Pop Up Ads in File Explorer in Windows 10
- How to Fix Error 0xc000007b in Windows 10, Windows 8 and 7
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.