Facebook has recently introduced an interesting plugin which lets you make video calls to your Facebook friends. Such a plugin has been powered by Skype and lets you perform, in a very easy way, calls by using your favorite browser. This brief tutorial will show you where and how to install Facebook video calling plugin and what to do in order to remove and turn it off in case you don’t like this new feature on your Facebook account. Both procedures are “one time setup/process” so, once you have installed or uninstalled the Skype powered plugin, no other actions will be required on your side in the future.
If you want to install the new Facebook video calling plugin, follow this easy steps:
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Now, open the Video Calling page.
- Click the Get Started button to begin the process.
- A new button called Call will appear at top right, next to chat section. Further, you will also notice a send message andpoke button.
- Click the call button. This simple action will open a dialog-box window which will let you download the plugin.
- Click the Set Up button to download and install a small piece of software on your computer.
- After this you should be prompted by Facebook to start video chatting with your friends!
Don’t like the new Video/chat calling feature on Facebook? Remove it in a couple of steps!
- Click Start on your computer desktop.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features.
- From the list of installed programs available on your computer, look for Facebook video calling.
- Right-click it and select uninstall.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Play Pac-Man and Breakout Games on Google
- How to Install Windows 10 Without a Microsoft Account and Password
- How to Stop Automatic Drivers Update and Installation in Windows 10
- How to Remove Google Custom Search Virus/Malware
2 Comments to “How to Remove and Turn Off Facebook Video Calling (Skype)”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.