This is one of those questions I have been asked a lot, lately. “How can I turn off the Chat section on my Facebook account?”, “How can I disable Facebook chat?”. Despite Facebook settings are quite clear and simple, it looks like the proper option to turn off the chat on your Facebook profile has been hidden with no chance to spot it! There are a lot of reasons why you might want to get rid of the chat on your FF. The most common one is that if your chat session is enabled, when you login to your Facebook account, users and friends might start chatting with you right away. So, let’s see how to fix this and hide the chat permanently in Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and other Internet browsers.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- In the lower right corner, click the Chat button.
- As soon as you click the button a Chat window will pop up on your Facebook personal page showing you who is online right now.
- Click the Option button on the Chat window.
- Select “Go Offline”.
Tags: chat, Facebook
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
One Comment to “How to Turn Off Facebook Chat”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.