Every time you search for a location or want to get directions to a locality using Google Maps service, the system will return a web page embedding a custom map with the parameters you asked. The issue with such pages is that they have very long Web addresses full of characters and symbols that apparently have no sense. They are impossible to remember and extremely difficult to embed on an email, sms etc. Google has recently introduced a very handy feature that lets you create short urls starting with “http://g.co”. Let’s see how to use such a feature.
- Open Google Maps.
- Look for a locality or get directions.
- As soon as your custom map is generated you will notice that in the web address field of your Web browser, a very long address is available. It’s very difficult to remember…isn’t it? Wouldn’t you like to shorten it a little bit?
- If so, click the link icon next to the search box on the right and click the “short URL” checkbox in the small window.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Search for Content in any File in Windows 10
- How to Block and Restrict Other Users Access to Windows 10 Registry Editor
- Easy Trick to Find Out the WiFi Password of a Internet Connection (No Hacking Required)
- How to Save, Backup and Restore All Drivers in Windows 10
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.