I have already written about such topic in the past. You might want to read these two posts on Offline Gmail and Turn on Gmail Offline features. Sadly, these two posts are no longer valid as Google has stopped these projects some time ago. Today I want to write about an original way to read your Gmail emails when you can not find an Internet connection (offline mode). You’ll have to use Google Chrome and a very easy to set Chrome extension.
- Open your Google Chrome.
- Now, download and install the Offline Google Mail extension (free).
- Right before the installation you will be prompt to type your Gmail username and password.
- Give permission to the extension to use its Allow Offline Mail option.
- Click Continue.
- At this point the extension will automatically download your most recent Gmail email right in your Google Chrome browser.
- At this point you should see a Gmail structure appears on your Chrome window. Such structure contains your Gmail inbox emails and you will be able to read them even though you are offline.
If you are concerned about your privacy and you are afraid that your Gmail emails might be read by someone on the computer you activated the Google Chrome Offline Google Mail on, you can safely delete such ” offline emails” from Chrome by following this simple tutorial.
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the address bar, type: chrome://settings/cookies
- Press Enter.
- On the right pane, look for mail.google.com
- Click the “X” located on the top-right of the mail.google.com section
- This will delete all the cookies belonging to the extension and all its associated data.
Offline Google Mail extension for Google Chrome also lets you:
- Synchronize your Google emails
- Read emails while you are offline.
- Respond emails while you are offline.
- Search and archive emails without network access.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Save and Backup Your YouTube Videos in Google Drive Using Google Takeout
- How to Make Your Google Chrome Run Faster and More Efficently
- How to Turn On Windows 10 GodMode
- How to Fix Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop Issue after Upgrade or Installation
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.