If you have recently installed AVG Free antivirus you might have noticed the new, annoying AVG Security Search Toolbar in your Firefox and Internet Explorer browser. Such a toolbar, apart from offering you interesting features/shortcuts to the AVG antivirus, it also protects your surfing by blocking dangerous and infected websites before opening them. Such a feature is called AVG Secure Search. A lot of users don’t like this toolbar and the way it monitors the Internet and are trying to uninstall and remove it in order to experience a free web surfing. If you don’t like the idea of being “watched” while you surf the Internet, if you don’t like the idea that the AVG Toolbar automatically sets the default search engine on your browser, (it sets Google as default search engine and adds to its page an AVG Safe Search logo), I have found a couple of tutorials which will get rid of the toolbar in a breeze!
Remove AVG Toolbar
- Turn off Firefox or Internet Explorer browser.
- Run the AVG installer program you used earlier to install the toolbar. If you can not find it, click Start – Control Panel – Programs – Uninstall a Program – Locate from the list the AVG installer.
- Select setup type as “Repair installation “.
- The AVG Security Toolbar installer window will appear on your screen. Untick the Recommended –Yes I would like to install AVG Security toolbar checkbox.
- Click the Next button and follow the instructions.
Remove AVG Secure Search
- Type: about:config in your Firefox web address field.
- Now type keyword.URL in the Filter box located on the top left side of the window.
- Right-click the Keyword.URL key and from the menu, click Reset.
- Now, look for the following keys:browser.search.selectedEngine
- For each key, follow Step 3 instructions.
- avg secure search
- avg secure search removal
- How to Unlock and Remove PDF Passwords Using Google Chrome
- How to Recover and Get Back Deleted Files, Folders, Emails etc from your Hard Disk Trash Bin
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
9 Comments to “Uninstall and Remove AVG Security Search Toolbar and AVG Secure Search”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.