Windows 8, differently from earlier Windows versions, lets you customize and personalize the Logon Screen (Lock Screen) in a very easy way. In Windows 7, for example, the only way you had to customize the screen was to use third-party software or hack Windows itself by editing the Windows registry. Windows 8 makes the whole thing easier by implementing new settings that allow you to modify the desktop and the different screens in any way you wish!
- Go to Start Screen mode and then click the Control Panel tile. This will automatically launch the Metro Control Panel.
- In the left Metro Control Panel, click the Personalize button.
- In the left pane click the Browse button located right under the first preview image.
- Select the image you want to use for the logon screen and click the Choose Picture button to set it as background image for the lock screen.
- Don’t forget to use the Windows + L hotkey combination to preview the lock screen background!
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Search for Content in any File in Windows 10
- How to Block and Restrict Other Users Access to Windows 10 Registry Editor
- Easy Trick to Find Out the WiFi Password of a Internet Connection (No Hacking Required)
- How to Save, Backup and Restore All Drivers in Windows 10
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.