Windows 8, differently from earlier Windows versions, lets you customize and personalize the Logon Screen (Lock Screen) in a very easy way. In Windows 7, for example, the only way you had to customize the screen was to use third-party software or hack Windows itself by editing the Windows registry. Windows 8 makes the whole thing easier by implementing new settings that allow you to modify the desktop and the different screens in any way you wish!
- Go to Start Screen mode and then click the Control Panel tile. This will automatically launch the Metro Control Panel.
- In the left Metro Control Panel, click the Personalize button.
- In the left pane click the Browse button located right under the first preview image.
- Select the image you want to use for the logon screen and click the Choose Picture button to set it as background image for the lock screen.
- Don’t forget to use the Windows + L hotkey combination to preview the lock screen background!
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Unlock and Remove PDF Passwords Using Google Chrome
- How to Recover and Get Back Deleted Files, Folders, Emails etc from your Hard Disk Trash Bin
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.