If your computer is used by a lot of people such as your family members, friends etc. you know how annoying is to find out your default browser homepage was changed by someone. By default, Internet Explorer 9 (ie9) browser doesn’t have any security system that lets you lock the homepage down nor its settings. However, thanks to a little hack you will be able to disable and turn off the homepage settings section so that anybody will be able to change it. Let’s see how to achieve this result easily.
Before starting with the whole procedure, Open Internet Explorer 9 and assign as default homepage your favorite website.
- Click Start.
- In the Search field, type regedit and press Enter.
- Locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\Policies\ Microsoft\ Internet Explorer
- Right-click the Internet Explorer folder located on the left pane and from the small menu, click New – Key.
- Name the new key Internet Explorer Settings.
- In the right-pane, right.click any empty space and click New – DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name the new key Lock Homepage.
- Double click the Lock Homepage key and change its value from 0 to 1.
- Click OK.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take full effect.
- lock default home page
- How to Search for Content in any File in Windows 10
- How to Block and Restrict Other Users Access to Windows 10 Registry Editor
- Easy Trick to Find Out the WiFi Password of a Internet Connection (No Hacking Required)
- How to Save, Backup and Restore All Drivers in Windows 10
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.