If you start typing any URL in the web address field in Firefox 7, the browser will show a list of suggestions which are nothing else than your most visited websites and the websites and blogs you have bookmarked. Such a feature is not new at all since it was introduced in Firefox 3. Back then I also wrote about a nice trick which is still valid in Firefox 7. Basically, it lets you change and limit the number of suggestions you get in Firefox address bar. Since some users are still asking me about this trick I have rewritten it for the new Firefox 7 users!
- Open Firefox 7.
- In the Web Address field, type About: config and press Enter.
- When prompted, click the I’ll be careful, I promise button in order to gain access to the Preference page.
- In the Filter field, type browser.urlbar.maxRichResult and press Enter.
- Double click the preference and change its value to 12 (default number of suggestions you get in Firefox address bar) to any other number you wish.
- Click OK.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Save a Website locally on Your Computer in Google Chrome (Offline Surfing)
- How to Change Location in Google Chrome (Any Version) by Setting it Manually (No Hack)
- How to Convert a USB Disk/Pen from FAT32 to NTFS Without Formatting and Losing Data
- How to Save and Backup Your YouTube Videos in Google Drive Using Google Takeout
One Comment to “Change the Number of Suggestions (Most Visited Websites) in Firefox 7 Address Bar”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.